Congratulations to Team Speed of Light for finishing the 121st Boston Marathon
On Monday, April 17, ten motivated and hard working runners laced up their shoes to take on the 121st Boston Marathon as Team Speed of Light. Together, these ten runners raised over $110,000 for the Light Foundation.
Team Speed of Light was represented by Megan M., John B., Lauren M., Tom M., Peter B., Catherine M., Joanne W., Julia O., Stefanie B., and Nathan K. We are so proud and so thankful for these individuals. Great job team!
In addition to our runners and supporters, thank you to 12 Points Wealth and Energi for outfitting our runners with matching singlets for the event.
Want to be part of the Boston Marathon but don't want to run?
Let our team do all the training, all you have to do is click a button to support them!
The Light Foundation is proud to be an official charity partner for the 2017 Boston Marathon to be held on Monday, April 17, 2017. We are currently accepting applications for charity runners and qualified runners who will receive their number through the John Hancock Nonprofit Program to represent the Light Foundation’s “Team Speed of Light” 2017 Boston Marathon Team.
$7,500 for Charity Runners; $2,000 for Registered/Qualified Runners
FEES UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE TEAM:
$100 Administrative Fee paid upon acceptance; $355 BAA Registration Fee paid directly to BAA in January
- The person receiving the entry bib must be the sole person who utilizes the number. It may not be transferred, sold or auctioned to another person.
- The runner must abide by all rules and regulations regarding the BAA Boston Marathon.
- When selection to Team Speed of Light has been finalized, valid credit card information will be collected from all participating runners. In the event that the runner does not meet the fundraising requirement, The Light Foundation reserves the right to charge the credit card.
- The runner must agree to wear the Team Speed of Light running shirt while participating in the Marathon.
PERKS & BENEFITS OF BEING A CHARITY RUNNER:
- All Charity runners will receive and official bib into the 2017 Boston Marathon
- This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the guidance and encouragement to successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising.
- All runners will have a personalized online fundraising page and receive fundraising support from the Light Foundation and CharityTeams.
- Opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon® course complete with aid station support
- Opportunity to participate in Tuesday night hill work outs and speed workouts
- CharityTeams weekly communications and monthly meetings with guest speakers
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches
- Swag – lots of gear to wear before, during and after running.
- Incentive prizes for fundraising
- Discounts on running gear
- Fun social events and friendship
- An opportunity to participate in the CharityTeams Superhero 17 and the CharityTeams Hop21 themed runs
- An opportunity to attend the 2017 sold out Boston TEAm Party kicking off marathon weekend
- An opportunity to attend the CharityTeams OOT ( Out of Towners) Brunch
- A positive team experience and memorable journey of running The 2017 Boston Marathon
If you have questions please contact:
Call CharityTeams – Susan Hurley at 978-852-7891.